Preparing Documents for Your 2012 Taxes

This is a great week to start gathering your tax documents. Start with this list of tax deduction documents... (See a more complete list of tax documents.)

  • Health care expenses (doctors, dentists, health insurance, eye care, medicine)
  • Real estate taxes
  • Motor vehicle registration
  • Mortgage interest paid (1098)
  • Gifts to charity
  • Last year's tax preparation fees
  • Job-related expenses (union dues, job education, uniforms)
  • Loss of property due to casualty or theftGambling losses

We've found a link to the IRS site that provides advice on choosing a tax preparer.  We are happy to be enjoying our 10th year as Bulger CPA and 25+ years in the tax preparation business.

Posted on January 23, 2013 and filed under Tax Preparation, Filing Taxes.